Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] engine problem

Maxi

Club Member
Club Member
November 18, 2010
Clare
Hi all,

I have a problem with my engine getting two hot on one side the driver's side,
ive had this problem for a while, i had a fire last year on that side so i had the engine rebuilt by Caddy as i had some other problems with it, i was hoping that this would fix the overheating problem but it didnt. I have done a full restoration on this car with all new engine panels. The panels on the drivers side are getting so hot that the paint in bubbling in spots.

Any ideas or advice very welcome.

Maxi.....

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
That's a weird one. I'd guess it's poor airflow for some reason? Did you check the fan housing?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Have you asked Caddy about it? He's a reputable guy and since he built the engine, he'd know it best.

Maxi

Club Member
Club Member
November 18, 2010
Clare
yes i check it today it work how well i have no idea
i will give him a ring tomorrow

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
is this the 1200cc engine ? pull the plugs and check the colour . if the engine is running hot on one side the plugs will be a lighter colour . if they are then check for manifold air leak on that side. btw with a manifold leak the engine will not idle when hot.

if all 4 plugs the same then you need to look at incorrect tinware, cooling airflow , bad fitting exhaust and panels.